Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Queen of Hearts - Juice Newton

Royalty week continues with an homage to the matriarch of the monarchs, the Queen (of hearts).

As I was researching this song, I came to realize just how many of Juice Newton's songs formed the musical backdrop of my childhood.  How can you not groove out to "Love's Been a Little Bit Hard on Me" or sway along to "Angel of the Morning" or "It's a Heartache"?

"Queen of Hearts" was a huge crossover hit back when it was released in 1981, reaching a #2 position on the pop charts, and climbing to the #14 spot on the country charts.


On another note, I have always wondered why anyone would name their child "Juice."  In this particular case, I suppose it was better than naming her "Fig." (Actually, Juice's given name is Judy.)

Happy listening!

Juice Newton – Queen Of Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment