Monday, June 11, 2012

Sweet Home, Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

I picked Sweet Home, Alabama.  


This might seem like an obvious choice, but I could also have picked a few others classics - Alabama by Neil Young, Old Alabama by Brad Paisley, or Alabama Song by the Doors, just to name a few.


During my college job, I would hear this classic Southern rock song almost nightly on the radio.  It is so familiar to me - and to much of the modern world - that the lyrics fly right past without really even knowing them.  


(An interesting note - Neil Young, mentioned in the song, actually performed this song once (and only once) as a tribute to the group after the 1977 plane crash that killed 3 of their members, including songwriter and singer Ronnie Van Sant.)

Check out the meaning in the background on the song


Happy listening!


Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment