Friday, August 3, 2012

Ohio - Over The Rhine

I first heard Over The Rhine last summer at Wild Goose Festival.  It was a thousand degrees, I was being eaten alive by ticks, and I was on day three of camping.  And I was just told that the band - the latest in three days of bands - was coming up (Over The Rhine) and they were pretty good.

I sat mesmerized from their first song to their last song. This veteran group of musicians were polished, skilled poets who wrote and sang beautiful songs about all sorts of things from their lives. It was one of the loveliest live music experience I've ever enjoyed. I am genuinely grateful that in the midst of bugs and heat, sitting with a bunch of new friends, I stuck around to hear this amazing group.

Happy listening!

Over The Rhine – Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment